British Woman Hospitalised After Hire Car Trauma – A British woman passed out in Malaga when she realised a hire company had given her a yellow Citroen Cactus
British Woman Hospitalised After Hire Car Trauma
42 year old Cheryl North from Birmingham arrived on a Ryanair flight to Malaga airport with her boyfriend Clifton, 24, also from Birmingham. When she went to pick up her hire car from local firm Car Shaft she passed out and had to be rushed to hospital. Medical experts are saying that she was suffering from extreme shock, after seeing the yellow Citroen Cactus which had been presented to her.
When she came round later, Cheryl told Costa Del Sol Update “Actually I’m not from Birmingham, I’m from Smethwick. I thought I’d booked a proper car, I don’t even know what that was. The colour was like urine yellow, not normal wee but the wee you get after you drink Berocca, and those rubber things on the side, and that stupid window at the back, it was all too much. I couldn’t bare the thought of having to get in that, then the next thing I knew I was here in hospital”.
Jose McFlurry from Costa Rental Association People said “we’ve been palming these things off on tourists who don’t know what they’re booking for months. We show them a picture of a Ford Focus then write in small letters ‘or similar’ next to it. By the time they get the keys to the Citreon Cactus it is too late”.
Cheryl said “Something needs to be done about this before someone is seriously injured. No one should be expected to drive something so ridiculous. If I’d been an old person I might not have survived this kind of shock. It completely ruined my holiday. I’ve put in for compensation, but it’s not about the money, I don’t want this to happen to anyone else”.
A representative from Citroen responded to the news. “I ave never eerd anytheeng so ridicooloos in all my life. Are you sure zis was not a Peugeot?”
If you’ve suffered an injury after seeing a Citroen Cactus, please let us know in the comments section.
Written by Tiff Needell, Costa Del Sol Update
Click here for more completely genuine Costa Del Sol news stories.